Sunday, November 15, 2009

M15 W1 Press Day

Fall 2009 Training
Mesocycle 15 - Week 1

Press Day

Beginning Thoughts:
SI have decided to alternate Military Press and Bench Press from here on out. This week I started it off with Bench Press. Next week I will do Military Press and so on and so forth. I am keeping a simple linear progression scheme of 5x3 and my base weights for Bench is gonna be 185 and for Military is gonna be 160. After 5x3, I plan on hitting one or two slightly heavier sets just for kicks.
Workout:
Bench Press:
185 lbs x 3 reps x 5 sets
225 lbs x 1 rep

Dumbbell Rows:
120 lbs x 2 reps x 3 sets

High Cable Rows:
160 lbs x 8 reps x 3 sets

Facepulls:
80 lbs x 15 reps x 2 sets

Ab Rollouts:
BW x 10 reps x 3 sets
Videos:
Press and Rows:


My boy Didier hit a 365 Deadlift which is a new PR @ 140 lbs BW:
Overall Impression:
I am swamped with school work this week. I have 3 exams in a row from Tuesday - Thursday. So I am gonna be missing my Pistol Squat workout but I will hit the gym tonight for Squat Day.

I hope everyone's had a good weekend so far and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment