Thursday, November 26, 2009

M15 W3 Deadlift Day

Fall 2009 Training
Mesocycle 15 - Week 3

Deadlift Day

Beginning Thoughts:
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I am in Dallas celebrating Thanksgiving with some friends. We decided to hit the gym today early in the morning. I hadn't eaten anything all I was sipping on during my workout was 2 scoops of whey and 2 scoops of dextrose.

As I mentioned last week, this week is gonna mark the first of a small singles cycle. If you need any info on singles training, please give this a read: The Singles Scene by Eric Troy and Joe Weir.
Workout:
Deadlifts:
415 lbs x 1 rep (91%)
435 lbs x 1 rep (96%)
455 lbs x 1 rep (100%)
425 lbs x 1 rep (93%)
435 lbs x 1 rep (96%)
415 lbs x 1 rep (91%)
415 lbs x 3 reps (91%)
I got carried away by the last set...I didn't go quite to failure though. My calluses got ripped out in 435 and I lost all drive so I got frustrated with this weight and decided to crank out 3 reps.

Renegade Rows:
35 lbs x 7 reps
45 lbs x 7 reps x 2 sets

Pallof Press:
42.5 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets

Cable Wood Chops:
35 lbs x 12 reps x 2 sets
Videos:
Deadlifts and Core Training:
Overall Impression:
I haven't been as consistent as I would like to be this month of November. Hopefully things will improve down the line.

I hope everyone's having a great Thanksgiving! Thank you for reading, guys & gals!

No comments:

Post a Comment