Saturday, September 12, 2009

M12 W4 Pistol Squat Day

Summer 2009 Training
Mesocycle 12 - Week 4

Pistol Squat Day

Beginning Thoughts:
I wanted to experiment with some core training exercises today...
Workout:
Pistol Squats:
5 reps x 5 sets
I spent time trying to hone in working with the 10 lbs dumbbells. I think I got my form down. One particular thing which helped me was pausing at the bottom of a few of the reps and just sitting there balancing myself and getting adjusted to the weight. No vids for this though.....

Farmers Walks:
105 lbs x 4 trips
I don't know how much I walked but I am gonna stick to the weight and try to improve my grip strength.

Renegade Rows:
20 lbs x 7 reps x 3 sets
I think I did them better today and this was very hard.

Side Plank Cable Rows:
12.5 lbs x 30 seconds
17.5 lbs x 30 seconds
27.5 lbs x 30 seconds
What an awesome new exercise for me to play with...
Videos:
None
Overall Impression:
Fun workout. I love farmers walks

No comments:

Post a Comment