Tuesday, September 1, 2009

M12 W2 Pistol Squat Day

Summer 2009 Training
Mesocycle 12 - Week 2

Pistol Squat Day

Beginning Thoughts:
Went in feeling kinda meh...
Workout:
Pistol Squats:
6 reps x 4 sets
In Bombay I was using these 4 kgs dumbbells. Out here, there are only 2 dumbbells 10 lbs and 7.6 lbs. I tried the 7.5 lbs and it felt too light and I kept losing balance. So I used 10 lbs for the 4 sets. But, my form was crappy because I am not used to such a heavy weight. Next week I am gonna take 7.5 lbs and try to get the reps in. I'd rather use a lighter weight than rely on something so heavy it puts me off balance every time.

Pull-ups:
BW + 10 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets
BW + 30 lbs x 3 reps x 2 sets
Keeping it really light and easy today.

Jackknife Pikes on a Swiss Ball:
BW x 10 reps x 3 sets

Pallof Press:
32.5 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets

Zottman Curls:
25 lbs x 15 reps

Dumbbell Tricep Pullovers:
60 lbs x 15 reps
Videos:
Pistol Squats and last set of Pull-ups:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8hjkEXxXd4
Overall Impression:
Decent session. This week is gonna be meh overall. Still settling back into school and stuff. I think 2 weeks from now I'll be back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment