Sunday, June 14, 2009

6 Workouts from Cruise

I spent last week busy in a remote place without any actual gym facilities. So I had to improvise. Here are my 6 workouts directly from my actual log...

07/06/2009 Sunday
Pistol Squats: 9 reps per leg
I did this with zero heel elevation. This was damn hard but I am glad I managed to get quality reps in. Next time the goal is to record this.
Pull-ups: BW x 5 reps, BW + 20 lbs x 2 reps x 10 sets, BW + 30 lbs x 2 reps x 2 sets, BW + 10 lbs x 4 reps x 2 sets, BW x 5 reps, BW x 10 reps, BW x 3 reps x 2 sets wide grip
Total Reps = 50
Dumbbells were a pain in the ass to grasp with my feet!
Cable Wood Chops: 27.5 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets
Unilateral Hanging Leg Raises: BW x 10 reps x 2 sets

08/06/2009 Monday Morning
Pistol Squats: 8 reps per leg
I dunno if I am hitting depth with my left leg. I am going down but my ass is not touching my calves. With time that should improve hopefully.
Pull-ups: BW x 7 reps x 3 sets, BW x 4 reps, BW x 5 reps
Total Reps = 30
I took this real easy.
Unilateral Lat Pulldowns: 55 lbs x 8 reps x 3 sets
Cable Wood Chops: 27.5 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets
Swiss Ball Jackknife Pike: BW x 8 reps x 2 sets
Boxing Practice: Jabbing with fists, Kicks, Hitting with Forearms and swinging legs

08/06/2009 Monday Night
Pistol Squats: 7 reps per leg
My left leg is ****ing hurting like a bitch right around the knee. I may have overdone the pistols during these two days. I?m gonna take a break from Pistols for next 2-3 days or atleast do them at a minimum. Good news is that my form is so much better than before. Just that makes this satisfactory.
Pull-ups: BW x 5 reps x 5 sets
Total Reps = 25
I am so damn happy. Over the last 2 days I have managed to do 100 pull-ups. My biceps are sore too. Such high frequency training isn?t good for me; for one I am not used to it and in addition to that I don?t need to do such high frequency work for my goal. But, its outcome has been that I am better than ever at Pistol Squats and I am getting better at pull-ups.
Swiss Ball Jackknife Pike: BW x 8 reps x 3 sets
Boxing Practice: Did some kicks with both legs but my left leg was giving me trouble ****ing painful.

09/06/2009 Tuesday
Pistol Squats: 3 reps per leg
I am gonna take a break from these for the next 2-3 days at most. My knees are hurting a lot from so much walking around (we walked for a good 7 hours today).
Unilateral RDLs: 30 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets
Pull-ups: BW x 5 reps x 3 sets
Total Reps = 15
This is becoming a bit monotonous. Gonna do some other back variations tomorrow.
Dumbbell Windmills: 30 lbs x 10 reps x 4 sets
Damn tiring. I think the unsteadiness of the boat also added to this. I was very cautious because of my shoulders.
Supine Glute Ham Raises: BW x 10 reps x 2 sets

12/06/2009 Friday
Pistol Squats: 10 reps per leg
Goddamn this is hard as hell!!! My right leg sucks and so does my left.
Pull-ups: BW x 5 reps x 2 sets, BW + 20 lbs x 2 reps x 5 sets, BW + 30 lbs x 2 reps x 5 sets, BW x 3 reps, BW x 7 reps
Total Reps = 40
This was awesome. But the dumbbells are ****ing hard to hold onto!
Unilateral Dumbbell Shoulder Press Standing: 35 lbs x 8 reps, 50 lbs x 6 reps x 3 sets, 55 lbs x 6 reps, 60 lbs x 3 reps, 65 lbs x 3 reps, 60 lbs x 3 reps
Finally some pressing work?
Swiss Ball Jackknive Pike: BW x 6 reps x 4 sets
I think this is the best form I have ever had on these.
Dragonfly Leg Raises: BW x 8 reps x 2 sets

13/06/2009 Saturday
Pistol Squats: 3 reps per leg
These were too ****ing hard. My left knee is aching. **** this? Perhaps I need to cut back on these?.I?ll see how things go on Tuesday when I get back to my normal routine. Perhaps I have overdone it a bit by doing so much unilateral leg work. We?ll see?.perhaps all I need is a bit of rest which is ironic because this was supposed to be a vacation!
Unilateral Standing Shoulder Press: 35 lbs x 8 reps, 50 lbs x 3 reps, 55 lbs x 3 reps, 60 lbs x 3 reps, 65 lbs x 2 reps, 70 lbs x 2 reps
This was great. 70 lbs is a new for me and this was my goal for today: work up to 70 lbs.
Pull-ups: BW + 20 lbs x 3 reps x 3 sets, BW + 30 lbs x 3 reps x 3 sets, BW x 7 reps
Total Reps = 25
I am happy with these. My goal is to try to do something of the 3x3 nature while increasing the weight every ?group? of 3x3?s.
Unilateral Lat Pulldowns: 55 lbs x 5 reps, 70 lbs x 5 reps
Swiss Ball Jackknive Pike: BW x 8 reps x 3 sets
Swiss Ball Glute Ham Raises: BW x 10 reps x 3 sets
Cable Wood Chops: 30 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets
Unilateral Leg Raises: BW x 8 reps x 2 sets

--x---

I am heading back home in a couple of hours....I'll be back in the gym on Tuesday with my regular training.

My diet over the last 2 weeks has gone from Bad to Worse...all I ahve been eating is 500 grams of cooked meat and a LOT of desert stuff like cakes, pastries, etc...Nasty stuff with every single meal. So I am going to spend the next month or so at the very very least trying to clean up my diet!

I hope everyone has been having a good week. I'll be online regularly from Tuesday!

Cheers and thanks for reading as always

No comments:

Post a Comment