Tuesday, June 23, 2009

M10 W1 Deadlift Day

Summer 2009 Training
Mesocycle 10 - Week 1

Deadlift Day

Beginning Thoughts:
Had a ****ty day at work....The stock market tanked in the morning and then picked up 2 hours before trading ended. This translates into chaos with the traders and nothing to do for us interns...sat on my hands all day. I was so hoping I'd actually be assigned work and stuff.
Workout:
Deadlift Singles @ 90%:
385 lbs
405 lbs
405 lbs
415 lbs x FAIL
405 lbs x FAIL
385 lbs
385 lbs
This workout sucked! My deadlifts have become a pain in the ass to progress on in the last 5-6 weeks. Pisses me off to no end. I have done 425 just a month and a half ago after doing so much band work! And ****ing 415 was a pain...I was so pissed off that I simple didn't record the last single with 385...kinda gave up hope and didn't care if I got it or not. Deadlifts are beginning to annoy me....they might as well be swapped with that ****ing bench press.

Pistol Squats:
1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5 reps
What a surprise...I suck at Deadlifts but I did these smoothly? Wtf is wrong with my legs. On the Deadlifts as soon as I hit the knee my form crumbles.

Suitcase Deadlifts:
115 lbs x 6 reps x 3 sets
155 lbs x 6 reps
I'm gonna include this exercise from now on.

Plate Pinches:
25 lbs x 40 seconds
25 lbs x 30 seconds
25 lbs x 50 seconds
Wow I progressed on Plate Pinches...How awesome! The highlight of my workout..

Dragonfly Leg Raises:
BW x 10 reps x 2 sets
Videos:
Deadlift fiasco:
Overall Impression:
Miserable day at the gym. Deadlift sucks. I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment