Friday, June 26, 2009

M10 W1 Pistol Squat Day

Summer 2009 Training
Mesocycle 10 - Week 1

Pistol Squat Day

Beginning Thoughts:
Finally made my own dip belt....tested it out today. The Dip Belt must be weighing in at 5 lbs at the very least.
Workout:
Pistol Squats:
2 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 15 reps
Good stuff.

Pull-ups:
BW x 5 reps x 1 set
BW + 10 lbs x 5 reps x 2 sets
BW + 20 lbs x 2 reps x 10 sets @ 7 minute time limit
BW + 30 lbs x 1 rep x 5 sets @ 3 minute time limit
BW + 45 lbs x fail
BW x 6 reps x 1 set
BW x 4 reps x 1 set
Total Reps = 50
Decent stuff. The Dip Belt takes time to get used to...And I didn't rest enough. I should've taken 5-6 minutes where I took only 2 or at the most 3.

Unilateral Lat Pulldowns:
35 kgs x 6 reps
40 kgs x 5 reps
45 kgs x 3 reps
50 kgs x 2 reps
This is hard.

Overhead Plate Side Bends:
25 lbs x 8 reps
10 lbs x 15 reps
25 lbs x 10 reps

Cable Wood Chops:
15 kgs x 12 reps x 3 sets
Videos:
Trust me to forget my camera on a crucial day like today....How dumb!
Overall Impression:
I hope everyone's having a good week. I apologize if I've been grumpy in the last few days.....Bad Deadlift days piss me off to no end and kinda ruin my whole week such that I cannot see the bright side of anything (like for example how I absolutely nailed those Pistols today) but I am working on this and trying to be more positive in life.

In other news, MJ is dead. I read this on Lyle's forum and think it's ****ing hilarious to no end: "MJ is the first human in history to be born a black man and die a white woman." Maybe it's too soon but I think thats a hilarious comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment