Tuesday, June 16, 2009

M9 W4 Deadlift Day

Summer 2009 Training
Mesocycle 9 - Week 4

Deadlift Day

Beginning Thoughts:
Since I have missed the last 2 weeks of regular training, I figured this was as good a time as any to jump to week 4. If I had stuck to plan I would've spent today doing Pistol Squats and Pull-ups and as you guys can tell from the last six workouts, I've had an overdose of those two exercises. So I made today into Deadlift Day
Workout:
Deficit Deadlifts:
355 lbs x 2 reps
365 lbs x 2 reps
375 lbs x 2 reps
405 lbs x 2 reps
425 lbs x fail @ knees
425 lbs x fail @ mid-shin
385 lbs x 2 reps
As luck would have it, 5 lights in the gym near me were out. SO i had to do this in the dark. I did take clips of everything, but I apologize if y'all cannot make out what is going on. Look for my bright white socks. They should be like guiding beacons for y'all!

Supine Glute Ham Raises:
BW x 10 reps x 3 sets
These were especially hard today....

Overhead Plate Side-bends:
25 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets

Straight Arm Pulldowns:
49.5 lbs x 13 reps x 3 sets

Front Planks with One Arm and One Foot Elevated:
BW x 40 seconds x 3 sets

Plate Pinches:
25 lbs x 40 seconds x 2 sets
I think more important than the Deficit Deadlift with 405, this was the highlight of today's workout...I am so happy I could do this. It was hard as hell and I did not use my fingers to cheat.
Videos:
Deficit Deadlifts:
Overall Impression:
I start my internship at a stock broker's firm tomorrow...I feel lazy and I just wanna relax and read books....Arg. Gotto get my head in the game and do this internship for the next 6-7 weeks.

I hope everyone is having a good week. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment