Sunday, August 2, 2009

M11 W2 Pistol Squat Day

Summer 2009 Training
Mesocycle 11 - Week 2

Pistol Squat Day

Beginning Thoughts:
Slept for only 5 hours last night...Tiring.
Workout:
Pistol Squats:
5 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 20 reps
I wasn't feeling it today...I was out of my usual rhythm on these - mentally. I don't know if this happens to everybody else, but for me these have to be done very precisely. If lets say I do one rep - even one rep wrong, and the "pressure" hits my knee, my quads start burning up and it becomes next to impossible to do the remaining reps. This happened on the last rep of set 3. So, I took a 10 minute rest and then came back and did the last 5 reps. Still, it was hard.

Pull-ups:
BW + 20 lbs x 3 reps
BW + 30 lbs x 2 reps x 5 sets
BW + 40 lbs x 2 reps
BW + 45 lbs x 2 reps
BW + 40 lbs x 2 reps
BW + 25 lbs x 4 reps
BW + 20 lbs x 2 reps (WTF??)
BW + 20 lbs x 5 reps
Total Reps = 30
Only weighted sets counted here...Pull-ups were good even though I was feeling kinda meh after Pistol Squats...

Dumbbell Front Raises:
Skipped

Head Supported Rows:
22 kgs x 10 reps x 2 sets

Tricep Dumbbell Pullovers:
Skipped

Cable Crunches:
40 kgs x 10 reps x 2 sets
Videos:
Some Pistol Squats and Kanishk's OH Squats:
Overall Impression:
I am only going to count weighted sets for pull-ups from now on out. Unless of course the idea is to NOT do weighted pull-ups.

Today is conditioning day and I am trying to make up my mind and what exercises I should be doing....I want to repeat last week's workout but I don't think Pistol Squats will go this week. I'm too tired I think. Let's see....

No comments:

Post a Comment