Sunday, August 16, 2009

M11 W4 Conditioning Day

Summer 2009 Training
Mesocycle 11 - Week 4

Conditioning Day

Beginning Thoughts:
I skipped training on Thursday and Saturday. In all honesty, I skipped it because I was busy completing Lost Seasons 1 & 2. But, my excuse is: I've been working out for 10 weeks straight now 4x a week and I needed a break before my next mesocycle.

However, I've been very callus with my diet over the last 4 days. I've hardly gotten in any protein, I've been gorging on Indian junk food. That means pure carbs. It really took its toll on me today...
Workout:
Lower Body Circuit done for 3 rounds:
Pistol Squats = 7 reps
Hanging Air Kicks = 14 reps
Unilateral Dumbbell Romanian Deadlifts = 12 kgs x 12 reps
Swiss Ball Jackknife Pikes = 10 reps
Supine Glute Ham Raises = 15 reps
Videos:
Circuit #1:
Overall Impression:
I've learnt some interesting this summer. I started watching my diet a bit more carefully come January this year. I weighed 207 lbs at the time and I was way too fat - especially in my face. From January to early May, I went from 207 to 190 lbs. I was eating clean and having like 280-300 grams of protein - hardly any carbs. I look at my charts (I kept a strict food log during this period) and I my average macro breakdown was Protein 60%, Fat 25% and Carbs 15%. Almost all of my carbs came in through stuff that already had carbs in it. Well, over this summer I've only lost 3 lbs. I weigh 187 lbs and have been at this weight since the second week of summer. However, I've dropped my protein intake to 230-250 grams and upped my carbs quite a bit (don't count the last 3-4 days though ). I've become more "dense" in terms of my muscles only (I've managed to salvage my mind) and I realize carbs are NOT bad This is just something to note. I don't know how accurate I am and I'm not too concerned. I won't lie and say I've tried to lose weight and I've failed. I haven't tried very hard. And I haven't tried very hard because I don't want weightloss that desperately. If I truly wanted to lose a lot of weight I'd have done it by now. But, I don't feel the need to. I just want to gradually change. These are my simple goals. Slow body recomposition.

Enough diet talk. Whats the goal for the next few weeks? Well, this workout ends Mesocycle 11. Come Wednesday, Mesocycle 12 begins. I will be leaving for the US around the 25th of August. I won't be working out consistently till the 27th (once I leave that is) because I need time to move into my new room, etc...I will be working out this week as per normal, but there will be a lag of 1 week once I embark on my trip to college. This is just a heads up to y'all.

This workout is also the last conditioning workout for the next month atleast. I am sick of conditioning training. Next mesocycle, my training is fairly basic in nature. Deadlift Day involves Deadlifts, abs and grip work. Bench Press Day involves Bench Press, various rows and abs. Squat Day involves Front Squats, Glute Ham Raises and abs. Pistol Squat Day involves - well, Pistol Squats, Pull-ups and abs. This is all fairly cut and dry.

I can't believe we're 4 months away from 2010.

I hope everyone's had a good weekend. Good luck for next week and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment