Wednesday, August 5, 2009

M11 W3 Deadlift Day

Summer 2009 Training
Mesocycle 11 - Week 3

Deadlift Day

Beginning Thoughts:
I was sore as **** from my Conditioning workout...even though it was on Sunday and today is Wednesday...Hammies were sore and to top it off I had a massive digestion problem with my stomach...
Workout:
Deadlift Triples:
385 lbs x 3 reps
415 lbs x 1 rep
385 lbs x 3 reps x 3 sets
385 lbs x 2 reps x 3 sets
Total # of triples with 385 = 4
This was really really hard today. I just couldn't do it. 3 reps is a LOT. There was some hitching on 2 or 3 total reps or perhaps this is just the way I deadlift....hard to tell because I tried to overcome the instinct to hitch. Just to put this simply, week 1 involved me do 10 singles. Week 2 involved me doing 8 doubles. Today, week 3, I managed to do 4 triples and 3 doubles. So my reps have gone from 10 to 16 to 18 in 3 weeks. Pretty decent given the fact that I have lifted 415 which is ~98% of my 1RM and 385 is itself ~91%. This is just for GUS btw....Just some things I've been thinking about...I tried really hard not to hitch or anything. One some reps I just thought of it as squeezing my ass as much as possible. I did notice that those 2-3 times when I think I hitched - I had deadlifted in such a way the bar was a bit further from my body than expected...In any case: doing 3 reps is DAMN tiring. I should be happy with this progression because doing 18 solid reps with 90% of my max should be something to rejoice in...but I'm kinda disappointed. The plan was to hit 5-7 triples. I would've gotten 5 if I hadn't failed at the knees on the 6th set. The ULTIMATE would've been to nail 7 triples....If only ...Maybe I'm just beating myself up over this. I guess this is very good progression because 3 weeks ago I did 385x3x3 and that almost murdered me at the time. In comparison to that workout, today's seems pretty good. Meh...I'm still upset I didn't get what I should have.

Suitcase Deadlifts:
115 lbs x 6 reps x 3 sets
I think I tweaked my back with this exercise.....My upper back near the spine is hurting like hell. I've applied balm because there is a bit of a discoloration in the area. **** me... I am pretty concerned about this. I hope it heals by tomorrow or next week at the latest...

Cable Wood Chops:
15 kgs x 12 reps x 3 sets

Rope Pull-ups:
BW x 6 reps x 3 sets

Wrist Roller:
10 lbs x 2 trips x 2 sets
20 lbs x 2 trips x 2 sets
Videos:
Deadlifts:
Overall Impression:
So what have I been upto?

Well, first things first....My back is hurting from that little tweak. I hope it's not too serious. The balm should do the trick. I hope.

Onto more light matters: I have started watching Season 1 of Lost...I'm 8 episodes into it. Will have it done by the end of the week...I am currently in the middle of watching Big Stan...

I hope everyone's having a good week so far. Thanks for reading and have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment