Monday, February 23, 2009

M6 W1 Squat Day

Spring 2009 Training
Mesocycle 6 - Week 1

Squat Day

Beginning Thoughts:
This is Sunday's workout...
Workout:
Side Plank Rotations:
10 lbs x 10 reps x 2 sets
This exercise sucks. This will be changed next time...

SSB Box Squats:
335 lbs x 1 rep x 3 sets
The weight wasn't that heavy but I am experimenting with a slightly higher box and I just couldn't get my groove. The box has a wooden line running through it (to pile up other boxes) and it kept hitting my thigh which made it a bit distracting. I also found that with an SSB I have a very forward lean. I did only 3 singles because I wanted to save some energy for today's pistols and OH squats. Next week I should be better at this lift. .

Rack Deadlifts:
315 lbs x 6 reps
335 lbs x 6 reps
355 lbs x 6 reps
375 lbs x 6 reps

Unilateral RDLs:
45 x 7 reps x 3 sets

Pull Throughs: 
90 x 8 reps x 2 sets
Very lazy..

Side Plank Rotations:
Skipped because exercise sucked and I had lack of imagination to come up with a better one.
Videos:
SSB Box Squats & Rack Deadlifts: 

Overall Impression:
I wonder how today's workout will go down...

No comments:

Post a Comment