Friday, April 17, 2009

M8 W1 Extra Workout

Spring 2009 Training
Mesocycle 8 - Week 1

Extra Workout

Beginning Thoughts:
My goal was to do everything without using any straps...
Workout:
Pistols:
Left Leg = 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 11 reps
Right Leg = 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 11 reps
I then did some drills to hold my legs upright locked out knees. **** I have zero control on that...lots of practice needed to perfect this.

Medley for 4 Rounds with ~180 second Rest Interval between Rounds:
Pull-ups = BW x 5 reps
Dumbbell Rows = 95 lbs x 5 reps
Lat Pull Downs = 150 lbs x 5 reps
Barbell Rows = 135 lbs x 5 reps
I hate Barbell Rows...Next week I'm gonna either take a MUCH lighter weight on these or I am gonna switch them. But knowing me, I'm gonna stick to them but I will reduce the weight to 115 or so.
Videos:
My friend Paul managed to bench 310 today...wish I had taken my camera to the gym...Paul's a bench press beast!
Overall Impression:
The Medley was very tiring. I find it surprising how I can only manage to do 5 reps on pull-ups when they're done in this fashion - since just 2 weeks ago I cranked out 50 reps doing Density Training. But...this is so much harder! 

My training partner Paul managed to Bench Press 310 lbs today. He's been using Leigh Peele's FLT and he's lost some 6 lbs in the last 3-4 weeks. He used to weight 225 @ 5'7 and he's been very conscious of this so he's been trying to shed some fat while maintaining his strength. Good news is that he's finally taking the Deadlift and Squat more seriously now. Next in line for me to convince him of is core training...but in due time...

I think I'm gonna take tomorrow off and do my Squat workout on Sunday...But it all depends on this huge presentation I have on Wednesday next week. I'm taking this class called Entrepreneurship and Venture Planning (it's an upper division Business class) and I have to finalize my 50+ page business plan by Monday and present it for ~30 minutes on Wednesday. Luckily it's a group project...

I'd like to thank everyone for reading my journal...Have a good weekend y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment