Friday, April 24, 2009

M8 W2 Deadlift Day

Spring 2009 Training
Mesocycle 8 - Week 2

Deadlift Day

Beginning Thoughts:
Yesterday's workout..
Workout:
Dumbbell Windmills:
20 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets
I do these while I am warming up with my Banded Deadlifts...Sort of like "supersetting". 

Banded Deadlifts using the White Bands Double Looped:
225 lbs x 2 reps
255 lbs x 2 reps
275 lbs x 2 reps
295 lbs x 2 reps
315 lbs x 2 reps
335 lbs x 2 reps
Tried really hard to get my hips as close to the bar as possible in the fastest possible fashion....But damn these were hard! 

Deadlifts:
365 lbs x 2 reps x 1 set
405 lbs x 1 rep x 3 sets
405 lbs x 2 reps x 1 set
This was super-hard....I've found that deadlifting barefoot in just my socks is a whole lot better. 

Dumbbell Windmills:
20 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets

Plate Pinches:
25 lbs x 25 seconds x 3 sets 

Bulgarian Squats:
Skipped
I take so long doing this workout my gym had to close so I couldn't get this done. I went in at 9 pm and I was there will 11:15 pm and the gym was supposed to close at 11 so I got kicked out by campus security lol...
Videos:
Banded Deadlifts & Deadlifts:

Overall Impression:
I think my form on Deadlifts may have improved just a tiny bit because my back didn't hurt during the workout and it's not hurting right now either. So I'm happy regarding that. But, form always needs work and I need to keep some things in mind which I tend to forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment