Sunday, July 19, 2009

M10 W4 Pistol Squat Day

Summer 2009 Training
Mesocycle 10 - Week 4

Pistol Squat Day

Beginning Thoughts:
My internet has finally started working....I saw Harry Potter yesterday. It was devoid of action, adventure and even magic. All it had is good art direction but otherwise it was a bit of a let down..or perhaps I feel this way because I've been watching Heroes Season 3 and Peter Petrelli, Hiro and Matt Parkman appear to be such badasses they make Voldemort, Malfoy and Potter look like chumps. Either way, I enjoyed the last Potter movie a lot more than this one....
Workout:
Pistol Squats:
5 + 5 + 5 +4 = 19 reps
I fell down on the last set. This sucks. But I think my quality this time was better than last week.

Pull-ups:
BW x 5 reps
BW + 20 lbs x 2 reps
BW + 30 lbs x 2 reps
BW + 40 lbs x 2 reps
BW + 50 lbs x 2 reps
BW + 30 lbs x 2 reps
BW + 40 lbs x 2 reps
BW + 20 lbs x 5 reps
BW x 8 reps
Total Reps = 30
I got a video of the 50 and the subsequent 40.

Unilateral Lat Pulldowns:
45 kgs x 3 reps
35 kgs x 5 reps

Cable Wood Chops:
15 kgs x 12 reps x 3 sets

Pallof Press:
12.5 kgs x 15 reps x 3 sets
Videos:
Pistol Squats & Pull-ups:
Overall Impression:
My weight is down to 188-189 lbs so I am happy. I was 210 in Jaunuary this year and this slow weightloss has been kinda cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment