Friday, July 31, 2009

M11 W2 Extra Workout

Summer 2009 Training
Mesocycle 11 - Week 2

Extra Workout

Beginning Thoughts:
Good day in the Indian Markets today. I wasn't going to workout today but my training partner Kartik dragged me to the gym...
Workout:
Mobility Drills:
Warrior Lunge Stretch
Seated 90/90 Stretch
Bird Dog
X-Band Walk
Rocking Ankle Mobilization
Scapular Push-up
Upper Trap Stretch
High Knee Walk
Reverse Lunges with a Posterolateral Reach
Walking Spiderman

Hanging Air Kicks:
8 + 6 + 8 + 8 + 7 + 11 + 12 reps
I have never been able to do these in the past. I'm finally able to do them with wishy-washy form. I'll improve with time. This is the first time I'm doing them. My unhealthy and weak shoulders were hurting a bit after my final set. Damn..this is a hard exercise!

Braced Dumbbell Squats:
6 kgs x 8 reps x 2 sets
The most useless exercise known to mankind...

Decline Torso Rotations:
5 kgs x 12 reps x 3 sets

Straight Arm Pulldowns:
20 kgs x 12 reps x 3 sets

Banded Shrugs:
Blue x 10 reps x 5 sets
Videos:
My training partner Kartik hit a 165 lbs Military Press weighing in at 150 lbs. Plus, I got 3 sets of my Hanging Air Kicks...and one crazy ab exercise done by Kartik.
Overall Impression:
Diet has been awesome this whole week. I'm very proud of myself. I was hesitant to go to the gym today because it's not my workout day but I think it was very productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment