Wednesday, July 22, 2009

M11 W1 Upper Body Day

Summer 2009 Training
Mesocycle 11 - Week 1

Upper Body Day

Beginning Thoughts:
My sleep schedule has been badly messed up...
Workout:
Close Grip Bench Press:
185 lbs x 1 rep
205 lbs x 1 rep
225 lbs x 1 rep
205 lbs x 1 rep
215 lbs x 1 rep
215 lbs x 1 rep
Decent. For GUS: I am really proud of myself for this. I used pure technique. The only time I had to use brute strength was for 225 and that was because the weight shifted in my hand. Otherwise, I was able to pinch my shoulder blades together and do these with real ease. 215 felt awesome. I was thinking about this the other day and I realized that I have been investing myself too heavily into just Deadlifting. It's like the end all and be all of heavy weights that I throw around. Looking at it like a stock portfolio, I am not diversifying my risk at all. So, I have made it my goal to get good at pressing exercises as well. I am going to try and take pleasure and anxiety and nervousness and every other emotion that comes with Deadlifting and try to take my pressing and pulling work just as seriously.

Chest Supported Rows:
135 lbs x 5 reps
160 lbs x 5 reps
180 lbs x 4 reps
135 lbs x 8 reps

Unilateral Standing Shoulder Press:
26 kgs x 5 reps x 4 sets
I super-setted these with Chest Supported Rows. I don't know if "super-set" is the right term because I didn't do these with zero rest between exercises. So I think the correct "technical" term is "alternating".

High Cable Rows:
70 kgs x 8 reps
80 kgs x 6 reps
90 kgs x 4 reps
80 kgs x 8 reps

Dumbbell Front Raises:
6 kgs x 10 reps x 4 sets
These were alternated with High Cable Rows with the V-Bar.

Zottman Curls:
12 kgs x 6 reps x 3 sets

Front Planks:
BW x 30 seconds x 3 sets
Videos:
I was very keen on taking my press videos but there were WAYY too many people there.
Overall Impression:
Good stuff. For GUS: I am happy with today's training.

No comments:

Post a Comment