Sunday, July 26, 2009

M11 W1 Conditioning Day

Summer 2009 Training
Mesocycle 11 - Week 1

Conditioning Day

Beginning Thoughts:
I was excited to do this workout. I decided to do 2 different Circuits today. One for Upper body and one for Lower body.
Workout:
Lower Body Circuit done for 3 rounds:
Pistol Squats = 3 reps
Swiss Ball Jackknife Pikes = 10 reps
Supine Glute Ham Raises = 10 reps
Ab Roller = 10 reps
Banded Pullthroughs = 12 reps
This beat me to death. Those Pistol Squats were hard as hell.

Upper Body Circuit done for 3 rounds:
Parallel Bar Dips = 8 reps
Pull-ups = 7 reps
Push-ups = 10 reps
Inverted Rows = 10 reps
Banded Shrugs = 12 reps
Videos:
One round from each circuit plus yesterday's 7 rep Pistol Squat set plus Kanishk's OH Squat workout:
Overall Impression:
I did Pistol Squats and Deadlifts just yesterday. Thats why they felt a little hard today.

Kanishk was having a hard time doing OH Squats. He is not able to lock out his elbows and retract his shoulder blades properly. I should've asked him to reduce the weight but I thought perhaps reducing the number of reps to singles would serve him better. He was fine during all of his warm-ups. But as soon as his working sets came in, things began to crumble.

I hope everyone's having a good weekend. Tomorrow is Monday. I can't believe it!!!

Cheers and thanks for reading as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment