Tuesday, July 21, 2009

M11 W1 Deadlift Day

Summer 2009 Training
Mesocycle 11 - Week 1

Deadlift Day

Beginning Thoughts:
The beginning of a new Mesocycle. I should be doing this workout tomorrow but due to expected rainfall and potential downpour, I was forced to go in today to get this done.
Workout:
Deadlift Singles:
385 lbs x 1 rep
415 lbs x 1 rep
385 lbs x 1 rep x 9 sets
Total # of singles with 385 = 10
Decent stuff. I am happy I was able to use my over/under with left over and right under on several sets with 385. I have never been able to do that. Just for the GUS crowd: this was relatively hard but I could've done a couple more singles I think. I just didn't want to push it and I figured workouts like this come once in a while only (lol) so I thought it would be wise to quit while ahead (sort of). Next week I'm gonna be doing some heavy doubles.

Plate Pinches:
25 lbs x 30 seconds x 4 sets

Wrist Roller:
10 lbs x 2 trips
25 lbs x 1 trip x 3 sets

Rope Pull-ups:
BW x 4 reps
BW x 4 reps
BW x 2 reps
Nothing to failure: just did this for the sake of it.

Dumbbell Windmills:
14 kgs x 10 reps x 4 sets

Overhead Plate Side Bends:
25 lbs x 10 reps x 4 sets
Videos:
Deadlifts:
Overall Impression:
I saw The Proposal yesterday....I liked it.

Today's workout is decent. For the GUS crowd: I am damn happy :-D

Cheers and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment