Friday, May 8, 2009

M8 W4 Deadlift Day

Spring 2009 Training
Mesocycle 8 - Week 4

Deadlift Day

Beginning Thoughts:
I have this massive toothache which as pinched a nerve on the left side of my face giving me a splitting headache...and I also had a fever but I decided to go into this workout nonetheless. How much more of a bullhead could I possibly have been. BTW..this is yesterday's workout and I still have the toothache which is now probably a cavity which I am only gonna get filled once I fly back to Bombay next Saturday.
Workout:
Dumbbell Windmills:
Skipped

Banded Deadlifts using the White Bands Double Looped:
225 lbs x 2 reps
265 lbs x 2 reps
295 lbs x 2 reps
315 lbs x 2 reps
335 lbs x 2 reps
355 lbs x FAIL
My fever was "contained" till I hit 335. After that my workout just plummeted. I lost all my drive. 

Deadlifts:
355 lbs x 1 rep
395 lbs x FAIL
355 was a grinder. **** being sick...

Dumbbell Windmills:
Skipped

Plate Pinches:
Skipped 

Bulgarian Squats:
Skipped
Videos:
I have the clips but I don't feel like uploading them. There is nothing special to show of yesterday's workout.
Overall Impression:
This was yesterday's workout. I am right now pumped with painkillers which I am going to continue to be on because I don't have dental insurance (apparently my University insurance doesn't cover dental treatments) so I gonna sit on this pain till I fly back to Bombay on the 15th. I don't think I'll be working out till next Saturday or Sunday at the very latest. I will probably (being a paranoid person that I am) go in on Tuesday and do some pistols and 50 pull-ups. That is the only plan. Next mesocycle starts come Sunday the 17th of May. 

Cheers and thanks for reading. I hope everyone has a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment