Saturday, May 30, 2009

M9 W3 Deadlift Day

Summer 2009 Training
Mesocycle 9 - Week 3

Deadlift Day

Beginning Thoughts:
Diet has been awesome these last few days. I'm very proud of myself. I also remembered to take my camera to the gym today.
Workout:
Deficit Deadlifts:
335 lbs x 3 reps
355 lbs x 3 reps
375 lbs x 3 reps
385 lbs x 3 reps
The set 385 was killer. I made a retarded mistake: on rep #3 I exhaled while pulling the bar (who does that?) and I almost crumbled. BUT, I hitched the bar and completed the rep. Stupid stupid me....This is how injuries happen.

Supine Glute Ham Raises:
BW x 10 reps x 3 sets

Overhead Plate Side-bends:
10 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets

Straight Arm Pulldowns:
45 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets

Front Planks with One Arm and One Foot Elevated:
BW x 30 seconds x 3 sets

Plate Pinches:
25 lbs x 25 seconds x 3 sets
Videos:
Deficit Deadlifts:
Overall Impression:
Core training FTW!!!

I hope everyone's having a good weekend. I just finished watching Season 1 of Heroes. What an awesome show....I can't believe I missed this because I thought it was lame. I have heard that Season 2 is pretty boring but whatever - it's only 10 episodes. I'll watch it next week or so....

In any case, hope everyone is enjoying the summer

No comments:

Post a Comment