Saturday, May 23, 2009

M9 W2 Deadlift Day

Summer 2009 Training
Mesocycle 9 - Week 2

Deadlift Day

Beginning Thoughts:
I forgot to take my camera to the gym....I hate it when this happens. I also had to cut my workout very short because I had to attend my baby sister's 12th grade graduation ceremony.
Workout:
Deficit Deadlifts:
345 lbs x 2 reps
365 lbs x 2 reps
380 lbs x 2 reps
390 lbs x 2 reps
405 lbs x FAIL @ knees
405 lbs x FAIL @ knees
390 bs x 2 reps
This was much better than last week. I got my 5 work sets. I failed at 405 at the knees. Something which I want to note here is that my gym has 4 different brands of 45 lbs plates, 25 lbs plates and a whole bunch of kilos. I don't just stick to one brand while working out because of availability: someone is always using something I want. Therefore, most of the time, I have 3 different 45 lbs strapped onto each side, with a 10 kgs plate and then a 5 lbs plate. This makes calculating the weight very hard because the 10 kgs plate is not 22 lbs in weight but 25 lbs. Or the 5 lbs plate isn't 5 lbs it's actually 7 lbs. This doesn't seem like much when you only consider 5 or 10 lbs but if you sum all this up you are talking about being off by 10-20 lbs when you're moving weights above 350-400 lbs. SO, I have maintained the aspect of understating and underestimating the weights. Therefore, 390 lbs may well have been 400 or more - I don't know. BUT, I do know that it is 390 lbs at the very least.

Swiss Ball Jackknife Pike:
BW x 6 reps x 4 sets
These are SUPER hard. I am loving this exercise

Supine Glute Ham Raises
Skipped

Farmers Walks:
Skipped

Plate Pinches:
Skipped
Videos:
I forgot my camera. Again.
Overall Impression:
I hope everyone's had a good week. I want to wish y'all a happy weekend. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment