Wednesday, May 20, 2009

M9 W1 Conditioning Day

Summer 2009 Training
Mesocycle 9 - Week 1

Conditioning Day

Beginning Thoughts:
I saw The Punisher 1 and The Punisher 2....I liked #2 better than #1 but both sucked overall. I wanna watch Horton Hears a Who tomorrow. For some reason I really liked that movie...I remember laughing hysterically while watching it.
Workout:
Overhead Squats:
25 lbs x 5 reps
45 lbs x 4 reps
75 lbs x 5 reps
95 lbs x 5 reps
115 lbs x 3 reps
135 lbs x 2 reps
Several things to note here. I haven't done OH Squats in 2 months. Last time I did them I had taken a month's break. So it's safe to say in the last 3-4 months I have done them once or twice at the most. The last time I did these was when I had just started doing Pistol Squats and my form was terrible: I was wobbling all over the place. Today when I did these however I was pretty tight throughout. I stopped at 135 for the sake of time. I did make a mistake with 135: after unracking the bar, I pressed it before the walkout. I hate making this mistake because it throws me off my groove. Had I stuck to the rules then I would've probably felt more confident and I would've tried for 155.

Circuit:
Front Squats = 185 lbs x 6 reps
Chin-ups = BW + 13.2 lbs x 6 reps
Walking Lunges = 30.8 lbs x 10 reps
Banded Push-ups = BW x 10 reps
Number of Circuits = 2.25
Damn I had no idea this shit would be so hard. Firstly: you are probably wondering what the heck 2.25 circuits means. It means I did 2 complete circuits then I did Front Squats (the first of four exercises = 0.25 of a circuit) and called it quits. After finishing circuit #2 I had the uncontrollable urge to throw up. So I sat down for 20 minutes and just looked at the ceiling and controlled the gag reflex. After that my thighs were hurting painfully. I was very very close to saying **** this but I went in and did the third set of Front Squats. After that I did get the urge to throw up and I ran to the bathroom but I controlled myself once again and stopped. I had no idea conditioning work would be this hard. But this is a good sign. If things are this bad it means through hard work this will only get better
Videos:
Overhead Squats & Front Squats:
Overall Impression:
I am looking forward to my two days of rest. I am back on top of my diet (for today atleast) so that is good

Have a good week, fellas and thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment