Tuesday, May 26, 2009

M9 W2 Pistol Squat Day

Summer 2009 Training
Mesocycle 9 - Week 2

Pistol Squat Day

Beginning Thoughts:
21
Workout:
Pistol Squats:
Left Leg: 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9 Reps
Right Leg: 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9 Reps
I have become too used to having a 5 kgs plate below my heel. In the hopes of snapping out of that, I tried to use a 2.5 kgs plate and this is the miserable outcome: I was totally off my groove and I just could not get any leg drive. I must've collapsed and fallen behind atleast three times. But, things will only get better from now so I'm not too discouraged.

Pull-ups:
(BW + 30.8 lbs x 1 rep x 5 minisets) x 2 cluster sets
(BW + 26.4 lbs x 1 rep x 5 minisets) x 2 cluster sets
(BW + 22.0 lbs x 1 rep x 5 minisets) x 1 cluster set
BW x 6 reps
BW x 10 reps
BW x 5 reps
BW x 4 reps
Total Reps = 40
Clusters are ****ing painful.

Jhanda Sit-ups:
BW + 45 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets

Dumbbell Windmills:
22 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets

One Arm Lat Pull-downs:
35 kgs x 5 reps x 3 sets
40 kgs x 3 reps x 1 set
30 kgs x 8 reps x 2 sets
Videos:
Pistol Squats:
Overall Impression:
I was a bit bummed out about the Pistol Squats but it's ok...If the change from 5 to 2.5 kgs hell plate can cause this much change in the reps and my ability it means I was that much dependent on the heel elevation - and that is not what I want. So I am hoping that from now things will only get better

I hope everyone is having a good week

No comments:

Post a Comment